Whether you are excited about welcoming a newborn baby or want to redo your kids’ nursery as they age, we have some of the best nursery décor ideas for you to set your child’s nursery. If you are renovating the nursery for your child as he or she ages, the design can be influenced by their preferences. This blog will explore some great but easy-to-implement ideas for your nursery décor.
Why Have A Nursery For Your Baby?
Here are some benefits of decorating a nursery for your children:
- All of your kid’s toys and belongings can be in one place instead of scattered all over the house
- It helps maintain a routine for your child, including nap time, meal time, and activity time
- Decorating with bold colors, shapes, numbers, and alphabets will help your child learn faster, even before starting school
- A sense of responsibility and cleanliness will develop in your child at a young age
Prerequisites Of Decorating The Nursery
You might have a vision for decoration in your mind, but you may not know how to execute it or where to start. Setting up your baby’s nursery can be a memorable bonding experience for you and your partner, as it will be an amalgamation of your nursery décor ideas. These are some tips to help you get in the groove before your baby enters the world:
- It’s recommended to choose a room that’s near your own, so you don’t have to walk so far away, especially at night, to see your baby
- The room should have good ventilation and thick curtains to avoid sunlight disrupting your baby’s sleep
- Installing a camera is always a good idea, as it helps keep an eye on your child when you’re busy doing household chores
- The decoration should be a bit consistent with the rest of your house, so it doesn’t look too out of place and blends well together
- Initially, having simple décor is recommended because children grow fast and develop their own preferences
- Using wall stickers instead of getting an entire colorful wallpaper is recommended because stickers are easy to take down and can be replaced whenever
- The furniture should be soft and comfortable for your child to relax on
- Of course, initially, the room needs to be baby-proof
Top Decoration Ideas For The Nursery
Filling your child’s nursery with lots of decoration items isn’t necessary. It might be better to keep things minimal and have more space for the baby to move around safely. Color and aesthetics can be added by lots of items, including the ones discussed below:
Adding some wall decals or wall stickers to the nursery walls is a good idea. It is fun, easy, quick, and changeable. The nursery will get some personality and colors without having a permanently colored solid wall. You can search for cute designs according to your aesthetic. Some soft and trendy designs include clouds, cartoon animals, and stars.
Soft lighting creates a calm and serene atmosphere for both parents and the baby. It can be accomplished by installing a dimmer switch or setting a soft lamp in the nursery. You can add a pop of color and design to the nursery by selecting lampshades with fun patterns or designs.
Personalized décor can add a unique touch to the room. It may represent your family or relate to the baby. For instance, a customized name banner above the crib or buying a monogrammed pillow for your rocking chair.
Mobiles add visual aesthetics to the space and provide a calming distraction for your child. Search for mobiles with soothing colors and gentle movements. Making your mobile with simple materials like paper, tape, string, and felt will be even more fun but time-consuming.
Having properly organized storage space and cabinets is vital because of all the baby gear that comes with a new addition to the family. Decorative storage bins and baskets can double as décor. They are available in multiple styles, so you’ll indeed find something that fits your nursery’s theme. Storage is an essential element to keep the room neat and tidy.
Essential Items For The Nursery
Here is a list of a few items you need to ensure you have bought for your baby, as they will make your and the baby’s life much easier.
A crib is an essential item for your baby, and it’s a long-term investment as it can be used for years, even if you have kids in the future. Hence, one should always invest in the safest, most comfortable, and most durable crib. It should meet the current safety guidelines and standards. Adding a colorful crib mobile, maybe with some calming music, may help your baby sleep better.
A dedicated changing table is important for making diaper changes much easier and more organized. Having a drawer attached will help store wipes, diaper supplies, lotions, and extra clothes.
A dresser is an essential piece of furniture for storing your baby’s clothes, shoes, blankets, and other essentials. Find a dresser with plenty of drawers or shelves for plenty of storage and effortless organization.
Rocking Chair or Glider
A comfortable rocking chair for feeding and cuddling with your baby is a must-have. A rocking chair or glider can be a relaxing spot to sit with your baby. You won’t have to move your arms back and forth, as the chair will do its work.
A baby monitor will help you to keep a watch on your baby from another room, especially when you’re busy around the house and can’t be around the baby. It will relieve your stress when you’re not around the baby. Find a monitor with modern features that fit your needs, such as video, sound, or movement detection.